$21.99 for dozen eggs!!!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by NYboy, Nov 27, 2011.

1. NYboy

NYboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    White plains
    Went to Stop and Shop after work today. At the deli they had trays of devilied eggs. Never seen them before, must have been for the holiday.I picked up a tray of 24 half eggs, then almost passed out at price $21.99. The tray stayed in the store.

2. hlf1996

hlf1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    California
    I wonder if they really think they will sell them for that price? [​IMG]

3. Johnn

Johnn Overrun With Chickens

Sep 5, 2011
    some one i know who must be really nice sells about 30 free range eggs to people for £2.50 i think thats a really good price if i didnt have my own hens i would buy them

4. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    OMG!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    They've paid someone to boil the eggs, shell them, mix the filling, paid for the ingredients, paid for the tray, paid for the plastic wrap, paid for the refrigeration, the lights, and the clerk to sell you the deviled eggs. Plus they pay someone to haul the shells away and wash the dirty dishes.

Of course they are $20. You don't actually think the ones you make at home are free, do you?

6. NYboy

NYboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    White plains
    Oregon Blues I live in one of the most expensive areas of the country. Rarely do I get price shock, but $21.99 did it.

7. Marcymom3

Marcymom3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Me too! The Mom and Pop store in my neighborhood sells 4 deviled eggs (2 whole eggs) for $1.25. "Mom" (she's younger than me...LOL) makes up 2 doz worth or so every morning and if you don't get there by 5 pm they're sold out. She also makes the best Reuben I have ever eaten in my life and I would be glad to eat them twice a week. Oh, and a Cuban sandwich that will knock your socks off. This makes me so sad... I have to eat leftover turkey again!! [​IMG] I wonder if my chickens would like to help?

8. clairabean

clairabean Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Kootenays of BC!
    [​IMG] It is like any other food you buy premade. You think it costs $8 (wholesale) for a few pieces of cold cuts, some iceburg lettuce and a 12" bun?

I know after I make a dozen devilled eggs, I feel like charging $22 bucks. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by