21 days and hatching

Swilso3

Chirping
Dec 17, 2019
Ok so i have read about lockdown. I put in 48 eggs in lockdown. 21 days they started popping one after another until i was a wreck lol! The chicks rest after hatching then they go about running all over the unhatched eggs and pecking at the zipping ones. Is this all normal? Just leave them alone? Humidity which had been 65 spiked to 75 too.

Yes, that's all normal and to be expected. Many of us call that "chick soccer" because when they start hatching they bowl all of the other eggs around. The activity and sounds of the chicks that have already hatched will actually encourage the other chicks to hatch as well. How many chicks have hatched so far?

Yes, that's all normal and to be expected. Many of us call that "chick soccer" because when they start hatching they bowl all of the other eggs around. The activity and sounds of the chicks that have already hatched will actually encourage the other chicks to hatch as well. How many chicks have hatched so far?
All but 10. Im thinking the other eggs wont hatch

OOOHHHH, now I am having chick envy. It has been awhile since I incubated eggs. May need to do that sometime this year. Please post chick pics so I can live vicariously through you.
how long do you leave chicks in the incubator with others not hatched yet?

Back
Top Bottom