21 Week TSC Ameracana/EE Gender

Jenwisp

Songster
May 14, 2020
Hudson Valley, NY
So we've been on the fence about this one for a long time. Started off as a little brown chipmunk and became this.. I think the color is called birchen? 21 weeks old, no crowing at all. Talkative though and very alert. We called her/him Bullet, because it's a daredevil bird! What do you experts think?

Bullet10222020.jpg

Not that color matters but she has the same exact coloring and attitude as my Clarabelle. Clarabelle is the one to loudly tell/holler at me if she wants a treat and she responds to her name when I call her or if she is about to do something that isn't a great idea. I love her personality!

Wow, haha. I kind of kept telling myself.. the pattern is even, no brick red, no hackles or sickles... but she is crazy hyper and she just doesn't give a darn about cannonballing into other chickens or ducks and is super talkative. Plus her legs were slightly larger as a chick. So I've always been on the fence about her.

Thanks all. I noticed she was checking out the nesting boxes lately.

Not that color matters but she has the same exact coloring and attitude as my Clarabelle. Clarabelle is the one to loudly tell/holler at me if she wants a treat and she responds to her name when I call her or if she is about to do something that isn't a great idea. I love her personality!

Is Clarabelle an Easter Egger?

Is Clarabelle an Easter Egger?
Yes she is. I only have EEs... 16 hens/pullets and a rooster.
Of all the EEs, Clarabelle's personality stands out the most and I tell so many stories about my hens. When I tell a hilarious story about the flock (I don't use the chicken names because I'm not expecting people to remember all the old lady names of my flock) the follow up question from people is always... "Was that Clarabelle?" And it always is Clarabelle.

So we've been on the fence about this one for a long time. Started off as a little brown chipmunk and became this.. I think the color is called birchen? 21 weeks old, no crowing at all. Talkative though and very alert. We called her/him Bullet, because it's a daredevil bird! What do you experts think?

View attachment 2385324
She isn’t birchen. EEs are mixed breeds, therefore mixed color.

Back
Top Bottom