22 wk - EE... hen or roo?

Ah, Ester's a cutie. Looks a lot like our Estelle. We also suspected a hen, but she was the only questionable gender one. Estelle's gender was confirmed with the first green egg. So I'm gonna guess pullet as well.
smile.png

Quote:
I got my five girls from My Pet Chicken (2EE, 1BA, 1SLW, 1sex-link). I feel pretty lucky. They are all very nice looking, friendly birds. At the time I was having trouble finding what I wanted locally, and I wanted to start with them all the same age. My Red Star started laying at 18 wks. Every morning she has an egg waiting for us. Love it!

Interesting we got our birds from MPC hatch date was August 10th and our EE looks a lot like yours. Unfortunately some of the other red stars have picked at her muffs and her neck is a little bare. This is an older picture. I wish they wouldn't do that. She started laying in week 20. I think she was trying to keep up with the Red Stars who started in week 17.

176-7650_IMG.jpg

Edit: By the way she lays pretty bluish green eggs. If they are from the same source I would think yours would too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom