24+ Bearded Silkie bantam eggs, + porcelain - Catdance Silkies

kelar

Songster
9 Years
May 22, 2010
yacolt
Up for your consideration are 24+ assorted color eggs from my show winning bearded Silkie bantam flock. Eggs will ship priority on Wednesday, 10/20. I've set shipping costs at $20 because the last large order I shipped required $21 in postage. If shipping is less, I will refund any overpayment. Colors available are partridge, buff, black, blue/splash & white. I will also include as many eggs as are laid from my porcelain/dilute project pen (at least 3). This pen has a porcelain pair in it, as well as 3 daughters of the porcelain hen. Right now, one of the hens is setting, but I'm fairly sure the porcelain hen, the porcelain cuckoo hen & the blue partridge hen (all pictured below) are laying since most days I'm getting 3 eggs. I've just candled eggs from this pen and fertility is excellent. The porcelain pair produced 3 beautiful Isabel porcelain chicks late this summer, but I do not know yet what the other hens in this pen are going to produce as far as color. Please, no color choice - I will send an assortment and always try to include eggs of each color, but cannot honor requests for just one or two colors. The flock is NPIP certified and AI tested clean. I do show my birds and won BB & RB in December '09 and BB at my April '10 show. This weekend, my birds won BV blue, BV & RV Buff, BV Partridge & RV white. A pullet hatched from a white pair I sold was recently named Grand Champion at the Wa. County Fair in Oregon. I've been getting some really nice chicks this year and all the birds pictured were hatched from the same breeding flocks your eggs will come from. The silkies in my breeding flocks are all carefully chosen for their own individual merits and even more importantly, their ability to produce quality offspring. I do pack eggs extremely well and my customers are reporting good success. A lot of my customers are returning for more eggs, which makes me very happy:) Please be prepared to pay via paypal at auction's end - no e-checks please as they take too long to clear. You can see more of my silkies at http://www.catdancesilkies.com. Thank you for looking.

Best of Breed, White pullet 12/09

Best of Breed, Splash pullet, PNPA show, April 2010

Reserve of Breed, Black pullet, 12/09

Best Variety, Partridge pullet, PNPA show, April 2010

Porcelain/dilute group currently laying:

Isabel Porcelain hen (Izzy the matriarch)

Her porcelain cuckoo daughter as a youngster (out of a blue cuckoo roo):

Her blue partridge daughter (out of my black roo):

Porcelain pair (Izzy & Tater)

Some of this year's youngsters:

The same chick as pictured above - a young man now. Congratulations to Jen in Oregon on her purchase of this beautiful cockerel:)

Hatched by Three Cedars Silkies in Florida:

Hatched by Jen in Ohio

Hatched by Christine in Oregon:

Teenagers:

A stunning white cockerel hatched in March - watch for him at the shows!

Wish I was still hatching! I really want to get some bbs eggs from you this spring.
smile.png

HI Chelsea - we'll need to talk in the spring - probably after mid April since I'm betting the boys will be in lockdown until after the Silkie Nationals we're having here:)

I wanted to clarify because I relisted this auction and forgot to mention that there should be at LEAST 6 eggs from the porcelain/dilute pen - I have 4 or 5 right now and will send anything laid up to the day of shipping if the buyer wants them. With over 100 eggs in the incubator, I will have to ask someone to punch me if I even think about setting more eggs:)

SilkieTime sent me a pm about the porcelains & her inbox is full, so will address it here. She asked about the color of the underside of the feather shafts. The porcelain roo has black color on his feather shafts & the hen does not. This makes sense since the roo is what is known as a porcelain in this country or an Isabel Mille fleur with both red & black diluted by lav/lav and the hen is an Isabel, which is a soft cream color, or lavender diluted buff. Since there is no real standard that I know of for porcelains, most breeders are using the term "dilutes" to describe the use of lavender to dilute or soften red & black.

That you so much. I have fixed my inbox and took out half my mail but is still doesn't work right.
he.gif

Really love the soft colors.

If you are a serious silkie breeder, you should not miss these eggs. I have lovely silkies that will be entered in a sanctioned show in a couple of weeks from Cat Dance eggs. Rarely would I ever enter a 4 1/2 month old pullet in a show, but these girls are ready. That says a mouthful about the quality of Karen's birds.

I have only one word to say:
BREATHTAKING!

What beautiful Porcelains! How can you tell from the underside of the feather whether it's a porcelain or not? Is the Isabel porcelain the one with only pale buff and no lavender showing?

Back
Top Bottom