1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

24 weeks and no eggs yet

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by pdxchx, Oct 14, 2008.

1. pdxchx

pdxchx New Egg

Sep 14, 2008
    Portland, OR
    I've almost given up hope. Argghhh it's like waiting for xmas!!
    I keep looking at the first egg thread with jealousy, can't wait to post my girls' first too!

2. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    First [​IMG] im sure you will find alot of helpful info on here.

About your hens..... Your getting close !!!!! It's the waiting game !!!!! SOON SOON !!!!!

3. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    I have lots of pullets from 22 to 25 wks. I am going to get a KFC menu and post it inside the coop. Maybe that might help.

4. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Quote:ROFLMBO!! [​IMG]

I pulled out the stockpot and egg carton when my were just a few days old and gave them "The Talk"

You put eggs in the carton or I put you in the pot!! [​IMG]

5. dancingbear

dancingbear Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2008
    South Central KY
    To quote Miss prissy: Patience Grasshopper.

Hens don't read calendars, they lay when they're ready. The expected time for any breed to start laying is an average. Very few actually start right on the dot. It varies not only by breed, but diet, climate, and what time of year they hatched, and what time of year they reach maturity.

Think of teenage kids expecting certain changes to take place. Do they all mature at exactly the same rate? Of course not.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by