25 Guinea Eggs in the Bator - Final Photos - 8 hatched

Quote:
Yeah, Lavenders are a lot lighter than that, they are sort of a Lavender color! I've read that the Pearl coloring dominates over the others, so maybe this was a mix up in the gene pool!

I hope the rest hatch okay! You sure have surpises with the last couple of hatches! First one duck early and now the keats!
Hatchedchick.jpg

I hope not! There was a dozen pearl and a dozen lavander plus my one egg we found from my 1 female and popped it in just to see what would happen. When I helped the one from my egg out I painted its toes with polish to keep it separate. 6 of each plus my one began to show veining and have made it to now.

My guinea laid other eggs but this is the last one we found that was actually fertile. The other day I found a soft shell egg but that is the first I have seen in a couple weeks from her. Every one of her eggs I found I popped it in the bator and hoped. This one keet is from my own guineas.
smile.png

Two more eggs are rocking right now so I guess it won't be long on them.
fl.gif

Next time I go up I'll try to count eggs left and see what the marking on them are.

WOW!
ep.gif
I bet that was a surprise! Congrats on the ones that have hatched so far.
smile.png

Sending hatching vibes your way for the rest of them!
fl.gif
yippiechickie.gif
fl.gif
yippiechickie.gif
fl.gif

They are tiny. Much smaller than chicks. I would say half the size of a standard chick. The container is plain regular sized rubbermaid tote. They are tiny and flighty and fast! And LOUD. They are VERY loud little critters. Why does that surprise me? LOL

Back
Top Bottom