26 going to lockdown on Friday!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by groominginla, Feb 23, 2011.

1. groominginla

groominginla Out Of The Brooder

Feb 10, 2011
    Bogalusa, LA
    I've had good luck...my first time incubating...I have a hovabator 1602 with the egg turner. My temps so far have been easy to regulate, humidity running 40-50%. I got shipped eggs for my first attempt. 6+ frizzle nn(sent 7) eggs, 6+ Frizzle, sizzle, cochin, silkie eggs(sent 8), one dozen EE, OE eggs(sent 14). I have all seven frizzle nn eggs, 5 of the frizzle, sizzle eggs, only six of the OE, EE eggs and ALL 8 of my eggs from my current chickens that i put in for filler. So 26 out of 36 that i set are still kicking and going to lockdown in 2 days [​IMG]

Then NN frizzle eggs were packed amazingly and I would be glad to refer anyone to that seller....I expected to loose some, but they are all doing great!

Wish me luck for lockdown!!!

And just one question...about lockdown humidity, i see different opinions. What should it be? will 65% do?

2. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Wishing you luck!! You'll get different opions about humidity. I couldn't ever get above 50% but I hear 60% works fine .You mentioned you did good your first hatch do what you did then.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by