26 week old Austrolorps still not laying

cheathama

In the Brooder
Oct 23, 2021
20211010_162544.jpg
I have 4 Blue Austrolorps that are 26 weeks old and are not laying eggs yet. I've raised them since April. We are in fall going into winter soon. Should I expect them to lay soon or will their bodies wait until spring?

View attachment 2875561I have 4 Blue Austrolorps that are 26 weeks old and are not laying eggs yet. I've raised them since April. We are in fall going into winter soon. Should I expect them to lay soon or will their bodies wait until spring?

Last year my late-June Blue Australorps laid in early December. The one in back seems to be getting fairly red. Have you done a pelvic check?

Last year my late-June Blue Australorps laid in early December. The one in back seems to be getting fairly red. Have you done a pelvic check?
I have not and am hoping I don't have any roos. I'm new at this. What should I be looking for?
Thank you for your reply

View attachment 2875561I have 4 Blue Austrolorps that are 26 weeks old and are not laying eggs yet. I've raised them since April. We are in fall going into winter soon. Should I expect them to lay soon or will their bodies wait until spring?
i'm not sure about chickens, but my almost 3yr old wood duck has never laid a single egg. she's made nests, acted like she was gonna lay, but never does.

They are probably all hens. I haven't seen any spurs forming on their legs either.

Back
Top Bottom