26 week old flock and no eggs? Is something wrong?

Do you have a picture of the eggs you get from your marans?
Sorry, not the greatest lighting. Here are her first 4 eggs. They are still getting darker of course. I think I might put these in the incubator! I don't have pics of the other 4 marans because they aren't laying.
DSC_1046.JPG

I feel your pain. I have 20 young pullets (BO, Black Australorp, Ameraucanas, and Blue Andalusians) who are 20 weeks old. None are laying yet. To add insult to injury, I'm currently getting only 2-3 eggs per day out of my 14 adult hens (10 RIRs, 3 BOs, and 1 Ameraucana). My adult Ameraucana hasn't laid an egg since early November! All are well fed so I'm pretty certain it is just the lack of sunlight since I do not provide any supplementary light in the coop.

ETA - I also have 5 female ducks who are all around 10 months old. None of them are laying yet either....

I feel your pain. I have 20 young pullets (BO, Black Australorp, Ameraucanas, and Blue Andalusians) who are 20 weeks old. None are laying yet. To add insult to injury, I'm currently getting only 2-3 eggs per day out of my 14 adult hens (10 RIRs, 3 BOs, and 1 Ameraucana). My adult Ameraucana hasn't laid an egg since early November! All are well fed so I'm pretty certain it is just the lack of sunlight since I do not provide any supplementary light in the coop.

ETA - I also have 5 female ducks who are all around 10 months old. None of them are laying yet either....
Oh man so many chickens not laying! These are my first chickens so I’ve been extra anxious to get an egg. But hearing that so many other people aren’t getting eggs either makes me feel like it might be normal.

Back
Top Bottom