27 week old EE and no eggs yet!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by cgray4, Aug 21, 2007.

1. cgray4

cgray4 New Egg

Aug 21, 2007
    How long might it take for a chicken to lay her first egg?
    I am kind of worried that my EE will never lay an egg. [​IMG]
    She will be 27 weeks old tomorrow. I have another EE that started laying about 2 weeks ago and all my other chickens started laying around 20-22 weeks.
    Thanks.
    Christy, IN

2. rufus

rufus Overrun With Chickens

May 17, 2007
    I smell a rooster.

Rufus

3. Napalongtail

Napalongtail Longtail Longtimer

Jan 31, 2007
    NE Washington
    Any day. And you could follow her if she ranges. The EE's are notorious for staying out all night...If ya know what I mean [​IMG]

4. cgray4

cgray4 New Egg

Aug 21, 2007
    She can't be a rooster. We have a turken rooster that mates her often and she is the lowest chicken in the pack. She is very sweet. Just not productive....yet.

5. WindyOaksYokes

WindyOaksYokes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    hunny, shes not saying that its a rooster... what I think she is trying to say is that she is sneaking off with a rooster... at least that is the way i see it.

6. lakecountychick

lakecountychick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2007
    I'm worried about one of my ee girls, I have two ee and e rsl. my rsl's have been layng since they were 19 weeks, the ee lay about 3 weeks later. Now the other one hasn't laid yet and its been almost one month since the other started laying. She is a girl. I was told to wait. Some are slow ovulators ,as some girls can be when they are of that pubescent age. Be patient I'm happy to have her she is so pretty. i'll keep her know matter what. I'm glad you wrote in I feel better knowing mine isn't the only one. that gives me hope how about you?[​IMG]

7. cgray4

cgray4 New Egg

Aug 21, 2007
    I'm glad you wrote in I feel better knowing mine isn't the only one. that gives me hope how about you?

That does make me feel better!
    We wouldn't ever part with ours either!!! She is the sweetest one in the bunch and they are all pretty sweet. She is so pretty too. I would love to post a picture of her but I don't know how to on this forum.
    Thanks for giving me hope!
    Christy, IN

8. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Good luck, if they free range she could also be hiding them. Or she maybe laying brown eggs instead of green ones so you aren't noticing.

9. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Some birdies are just late bloomers...be patient with her. My crowing hen Slifer the Sky Dragon didn't lay until she was about 2 years old...and that was with hormone treatment. And it was only one lovely baby yellow egg.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by