27 weeks and no eggs

mulelover1999

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 13, 2012
I have two pullets that I am positive about and today they are 27 weeks. I have yet to get an egg. Is this normal????

thats totally normal. It took my girls about 6 months to start laying.

yippiechickie.gif

I don't get it my girls are 27 weeks also and still no eggs ive done everthing and still nothing very sad. hope they start soon
Welcome to BYC, So Gladyou joined us!
welcome-byc.gif

What breeds are they? I hope that changes soon, I am only at 16 weeks, and it seem like forever, I can't imagine 27!
ep.gif

I have 2 silver lace wyandott ,1 gold wyandott,1 black austrolorp,1 brown leghorn,1 polish ?, 1 buff orpington,4 Americana/buff mixes my wyandotts are older than the rest at about 30 weeks and are laying one a day on average the other girls have not done anything.....my family and i raised all but the wyandotts since they her hatched.

My ladies went almost 8 months with no eggs. I figured with the hot weather no bid deal its to be expected. Then I started hearing the egg song from several of them and one was even getting in the nest box but still no eggs. Or so I thought! Until I found they had been stashing them inside some ornamental grass for the last week or so. I found a stash of 12 one day, then 2 more in a different location! Did the sniff test and water test and only a few were showing to be a week old. Wife and I are both off tomorrow so big egg eating day... corned beef hash with over easy eggs on top, egg salad!

sometimes I put a light in the coop and increase the amount of light by 2 to 3 hours and they start laying within 2 weeks. my mother used the same method on the farm when I was growing up. we always had plenty of eggs to eat and sell.

Back
Top Bottom