2nd time around!

leek13

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 10, 2015
Boones Mill, Va
Hi Everyone! I've been lurking for a while and thought I'd better introduce myself . My name is Lee and this is my second go round with chickens. I had chickens several years ago, but we moved so they had to go to new homes. This time is for keeps, and I have new chicks scheduled to get here on May 12th-ish.

My first order is for 10 New Hampshire Reds and 10 Ausrtilorps. Then I started thinking that I'd like to have a rooster this time. (I couldn't have one before because of noise ordinances) Trouble is thinking about it became an obsession, and before I knew it, my tired eyes were perusing webpages for just the right guy. I found the breed Partridge Rock's roo, and he IS a handsome fella! Only problem is that McMurray's has a 15 bird limit to avoid that nasty fee, soooooooo.... well, now I have 35 chicks, 1 cockeral, and one mystery chick (37 chickens!) on their way, instead of 20! It's a sickness, I tell you! ;)
So the tally will be 10 Australorps, 10 New Hampshire's, 5 Delaware's, 5 white Rocks, and 5 Partridge Rocks, one little mystery girl and of course, aforementioned future Rooster!

I'm an add-driven artist, always into 5,353 projects at once. I love to take a piece out to the chickens yard and brainstorm for new ideas for it - or new ideas for another project! I am the mom to 5 kids, 4 daughters and my precious so, who I lost in 2004 to cancer. He was 16. Our household also includes 2 Great Danes, 2 Basset Hounds, a little mix, and 3 cats. I have 3 grandchildren, who spend a great deal of time at Grammy's 'ranch'.

I look forward to learning more from you and striking up some good conversations!

Back
Top Bottom