3 Bantams

scoobyloula

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 7, 2013
Hi All

I am from the UK and currently own 3 little bantams. 2 are about 7 months old and our 3rd is a year and half. They are all females.

What should I be feeding them in the winter? At the moment they free range round the garden and have access to corn all day in their little feeder but they don't seem to pig on it.

When I go out and see them they always run to me like they really hungry but learning that its just their nature!

I have also stated give them a little warm oats in the mid morning with a little molasses mixed in.

Is this ok?

I just want to make sure they getting what they need.

Also they have tonic in their water to ensure they getting the vitamins etc they need.

This ok?

Oh and to add they will have some kitchen scraps but not much and they odd as they don't seem to keen on greens :S

they should be fine with what your doing :) I just feed mine normal food, with some mealworms for added protein, as it easily gets in the teens around here...what is the temp in the UK?

It doen't matter how much i feed my birds, they alway run torward me. :)

What breed(s) are they?

Each chicken is different on what they do and don't like :)

If they are laying they should eat a layer ration, to ensure they get adequate calcium and the other nutrients they need.

It is possible to keep chickens free range and only feed corn or scratch grains, but then they have to have access to enough greens, bugs etc to meet their nutritional needs. Over winter that can get tricky, so you'll have to watch what you supplement their diet with. Spinach, kale, alfalfa, cooked eggs and mealworms are all good, nutritious treats.

they should be fine with what your doing :) I just feed mine normal food, with some mealworms for added protein, as it easily gets in the teens around here...what is the temp in the UK?

It doen't matter how much i feed my birds, they alway run torward me. :)

What breed(s) are they?

Each chicken is different on what they do and don't like :)

Hiya

They Frizzles, pic below:

They are the best pets ever and me and my partner adore them. :D

They are such characters.

The black one hated being held when she was young, couldn't wait to get away but now she loves her cuddles. Nestles her head right into my neck, she is so sweet.

The white one is the eldest and she has started laying again after bringing up a chick (which didn't end too well).

The grey one is going through a full on molt at the mo and she is so funny as she is always behind the other too hence why we named her Dlay (Delay) lol

They are such characters.

The black one hated being held when she was young, couldn't wait to get away but now she loves her cuddles. Nestles her head right into my neck, she is so sweet.

The white one is the eldest and she has started laying again after bringing up a chick (which didn't end too well).

The grey one is going through a full on molt at the mo and she is so funny as she is always behind the other too hence why we named her Dlay (Delay) lol
lol, its so fun learning each chickens personality.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom