3 Blues Up For Adoption ~ Must Find New Home (Sheridan Oregon area)

ChickLit

Songster
10 Years
Jul 1, 2009
Sheridan, Oregon
Hello everyone ~ I'm posting this for a friend of mine; unfortunately she must place some of her beloved flock up for adoption. She lives in the hills of Sheridan, Oregon, west of Salem & McMinnville.

This is part of a note I got from her last night:

"I'm really sad and down about this, but the only thing to do is find good homes for Isadora, Margot, and Bette. I also must place my beloved Gypsy Rover right quick too, but I think I will try the local feed store and see if I can get him adopted out locally. He is very tame and gentle.

The girls are 2nd year birds - they were hatched out spring of 08. They were sold to me as Blue Andalusians, but I believe the clerk at Wilco was brain dead and gave me English Blues instead. The hens are smaller and more 'hard feathered' than the Andalusians I have seen. They lay incredibly large eggs for such small hens - the eggs are white - gorgeous clear white that brings out the depth of colors in the others in a good mix. The greens are greener and the terra cotta ones look outstanding next to this shade of pure white."

She sent a picture of one of the hens; what a beauty!!

bleuchick.jpg

I wish I could take all of them, but I'm not in a position to right now...if I could she could come visit them once in awhile
sad.png

If anyone can help out by taking these girls, please let me know and I'll pass it on.

Thanks
smile.png

dang it....I have eggs in the bator right now or I would snatch them up. Sheesh they are beautiful....How long does she have to adopt them out before they go to feed store?

I know ~ I'd love to have them too, but we only have run space for my 6 babies right now and even they're getting a little cramped...we'll have lots more space soon and get the second coop fixed up but for now... *sigh*

I don't think she's really on a time limit ~ she'd just like to relocate them as soon as possible so they (and she) can all be healthier/more balanced...

We have a possible taker that I heard from this morning...I'm putting the two ladies in touch and they'll talk later on today to work out transport details. If it all works out, they'll be going to what sounds to be a very happy home with kids & lots of chicken buddies ~ Yay!
smile.png
I'll let you know what happens!

chicken_dancing-1.gif

Oh thank heavens! I hate the thought of pet girls and a pet boy going to a feed store to find a home.
fl.gif

I don't think my friend was very keen on the idea of the feed store either. I'm really glad BYC is here (for SO many reasons!) ~ I just knew someone would be interested
smile.png

could you ship them to slidell La. i, have one chicken and i am looking for some company for her .
smile.png
just asking

Good News: The blue girls have been adopted out to a BYC member! Thanks to all who responded
smile.png

@jones201: Doesn't hurt to ask!!
wink.png
The trip from Oregon to Slidell would be a pretty rough one for the hens...especially into the horrid LA heat! (It killed me when I lived in New Orleans for 7 months ~ hightailed it back to the Pacific Northwest; what a relief!
smile.png
)

Back
Top Bottom