3 broody silkies wont sit after moving

cmobley

Crowing
9 Years
Mar 4, 2015
saraland alabama
I have 3 silkies all have hatched eggs before they all 3 seem to go broody together. They want to sit in the main nesting box and steal eggs to sit on but none of these eggs are fertile. Yesterday I brought home 6 eggs for them to have I moved them to a different 4x6 box made them a nest,food,water put all 3 in there with 6 eggs they escaped went back to the original box. I fixed the break out area put them back in but as of this morning they are not sitting on the eggs. I'll check when I get in from work. One has even made her chest bald for sitting but she won't sit either. What are my options here other than letting them have the main roosting, laying box.

I'd let them set where they want. Usually I move my gals right before hatch so they've had time to bond with the growing chicks more than the spot
After being in the other Boxford 2 days 2 of them decided sitting isn't for them. The third one took the eggs I let her stay in the main box. Shes so little she doesn't take up much space. But yesterday I checked her and she had stolen 3 unfertile eggs again lol. I'll let her do her thing she's the sweetest of the 3.

Back
Top Bottom