3 day old chicks.

Neezers Farm

Chirping
Jul 15, 2016
New Hope, Florida

I was just showing them off
1f603.png
1f423.png
I am so amazed that 7/9 survived despite 3 power failures during incubation, one happened during hatch. Read about Phyllis, the miracle chick! in emergencies forum if you are interested in the whole story and what actions I took. Today, at 5 days old, I see distinct tail feathers on 4 out of 7 chicks. I am hoping these are females, which has held true on previous purchases and hatches. What is your opinion regarding their sex, and what methods do you use for sexing chicks?

Last edited:
I was just showing them off
1f603.png
1f423.png
I am so amazed that 7/9 survived despite 3 power failures during incubation, one happened during hatch. Read about Phyllis, the miracle chick! in emergencies forum if you are interested in the whole story and what actions I took. Today, at 5 days old, I see distinct tail feathers on 4 out of 7 chicks. I am hoping these are females, which has held true on previous purchases and hatches. What is your opinion regarding their sex, and what methods do you use for sexing chicks?
I'll check it out! :) I do comb tail and, if they're in the same brood (siblings), see who has thicker legs. Wait what do you mean my opinion regarding sex?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom