3 ducks last night! Now my Hershey is gone

WriterofWords

Has Fainting Chickens
14 Years
Dec 25, 2007
Chaparral, New Mexico
Darn it,, we all went to a talent show last night to watch Steven. When I left 5 ducks walked me to the gate, it was 5:45pm. When we got home at 9, 2 ducks greeted me! My two hens and Emeral my Mallard drake were gone! I'm so tired of this. This makes 6 ducks, and 7 roosters now. Someone is shopping at my house, they know when we are all gone because of the vehicles I guess, and no neighbors close enough to see anything.

Last edited:
Geez, Kate, this has to stop! I'm not sure how, except maybe putting up discreet cameras, or lying in wait till someone steals something, but it's hard to do that when you have to work. If someone could take the cars away from your house, then fool the thieves into thinking no one was home, then maybe you'd catch the jerks.

That is exactly what I'm going to do while on break. I'm sending my parents and Steven to dinner, taking the truck and the jeep and I'm going to wait with a deputy friend outside somewhere or in the living room in the dark. My porch light was on, my security light was on, I just cannot afford a camera set up.

we had a similar situtation here a few years back, I lost alot of hand raised parrots.
I began parking at the neighbors (down the road about a 1/2 mile) and we finally got the thief. it took us awhile to catch him, because he would also call the house to be sure we were gone, then call the neighbor to make sure we had left.

he didn't like the jail time he got.

I sure hope we get this idiot,, I'm low on Roosters now and I only have my Runner duck pair Twinkie and Hershey and her daughter Babette and her bf Squeeker duck. Both hens that vanished last night were putting together nests getting ready to sit and I had given up trying to stop them. So now I have to decide do I hatch or do I toss,, darn I hate this!!

Lady Duck and Quack Duck had 10 eggs in their nest, they laid in the same nest. So I brought the eggs in a fired up the new bator and I'll test it with their eggs. Hershey has a nest too I found, it's in the tub nest where Quack had her babies last year. It's right under my living room window so hopefully she'll be safe there.

I sure hope you find who is doing this, that would be very upsetting.
hmm.png
hugs.gif

There has got to be a way to "trick" this person and catching him.

barnie.gif
I'm so sorry! This would piss me to pieces. I hope, hope, hope you catch the thief.
fl.gif
But roosters? They're stealing your roosters? Ya know, I think it's time that I put some locks on my pens. They're all set up for locks, not that this would stop anyone determined. I can only imagine the hurt this must cause you. I'd be inconsolable.
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom