3 eggs from 2 hens?

boks'n'rose

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 24, 2011
It's autumn here in Aus, so I was surprised to find 3 eggs in the coop yesterday - from 2 hens!!
Even weirder... one of them has reproductive 'issues' and hasn't laid for about 6 months!
Weirder still ...
2 brown eggs in the nesting box - one of them covered in yolky stuff on the outside.
1 white egg down in the run. Both hens are brown.
What's going on?!!!!
hu.gif

Last edited:
Interesting - I mean, I guess I knew it was one of them (highly unlikely a seagull sneaked in there to lay eggs!)... but... which one!!
Thanks for your reply!
wink.png

Maybe one of your hens is hiding a secret friend they adopted without you knowing! If you see some hay in the back of the coop rustling... you might want to take a closer look! Oooh, I like it. It's kinda like a suspense movie
pop.gif

yuckyuck.gif
I love it - maybe I'll turn it into a mystery novel!
Needless to say I gave the white egg to the dog.
And if it was the non-layer coming good - just as well I didn't 'get rid of her' as was suggested ... (could never do that I'm way too fond of them)

The white egg was not in the nesting box... rather, it was inside the coop in an unusual place. I thought that as a) I didn't know how long it had been there exactly, and b) it could have been a weird egg from the girl who had not laid for 6 moths, that we should rather not eat it, and instead of throwing it out, the little labrador with stomach of steel could have it instead!!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom