1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

3 eggs in 24 hours

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by jrc85, Mar 15, 2016.

1. jrc85

jrc85 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 11, 2014
    Warrior,Alabama
    I need some help with this. My duck is about 1 year or more and has been laying on a regular schedule the whole 4 months I have had her. Yesterday she layed a normal thick shelled egg then later a softer shell and then a no shell egg this morning. My question is: do I need more calcium for her? I keep oyster shell in a hanging feeder in the pen and add more when needed but I don't know if she uses it or if its just the chickens that do.

2. I Love Layers

I Love Layers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2015
    Middle of Nowhere
    My ducks will not eat the oyster shells unless you make them. So I recommend that when you feed your duck you should put the oyster shells on top of the feed so the duck has to eat the oysters before she can get to the food

1 person likes this.
  3. jrc85

jrc85 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 11, 2014
    Warrior,Alabama
    OK I know the drake uses it but all I put out is scratch and then she gets to roam the run for bugs should I just scatter some throughout the run?

4. I Love Layers

I Love Layers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2015
    Middle of Nowhere
    Yes that would work

5. jrc85

jrc85 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 11, 2014
    Warrior,Alabama

Thanks for the help. Last ducks I had was when I was 10 or 12 so this was throwing me for a loop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by