3 eggs - who's laying them?

NotNHChicken

Chirping
Sep 14, 2020
Epping, NH
20201120_201300.jpg

Good evening,

I posted we got our first egg from 10 BAs that are 26+ weeks old this week.

Now we have 3 distinct eggs. Each of a different size, getting smaller each time. Each egg is a different shade of brown also getting lighter each time.

Therefore, we think it might be more than one pullet that is laying.

We have read a few threads about how they need to work out their laying for a few weeks and during that time eggs change. So it could be the same pullet.

Short of marking their vents to color the egg, is there any other way to determine if we have more than one pullet laying?

Obviously I am new to all this. I was expecting 5-6 to lay based on their sqawting, apparence, and finger spacing in pelvic area.

Above are the eggs. Perhaps that is enough to tell how many are laying now?

Any advice is appreciated!

Now we have 3 distinct eggs. Each of a different size, getting smaller each time. Each egg is a different shade of brown also getting lighter each time.
Size and color can vary, shape usually does not(unless it's a double yolker).

Short of marking their vents to color the egg, is there any other way to determine if we have more than one pullet laying?
Pelvic point spacing can work...still might have to 'catch them in the act' by stalking nests.:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/who-is-laying-and-who-is-not-butt-check.73309/

Back
Top Bottom