3 eggs

Cathi480

In the Brooder
Apr 28, 2018
Chandler, AZ
Is it really possible for a Chicken to lay 3 eggs at the same time. Keep in mind that when she climbed into the basket I had just removed the egg that was in there and she had been the only hen in the basket.

Attachments

• 20180704_093247.jpg
    20180704_093247.jpg
    433.1 KB · Views: 17
Nesting boxes are like crab traps. Check one minute, none. Drop it down and pick it back up and viola! Meaning a hen may have slipped in and deposited an egg and hopped out in the blink of an eye.

If you had only white or brown egg layers besides that EE, it would be easier to tell.

I'm will say, that if god wanted a hen to lay 3 eggs in a day, he can make it happen.

Is it really possible for a Chicken to lay 3 eggs at the same time. Keep in mind that when she climbed into the basket I had just removed the egg that was in there and she had been the only hen in the basket.
If you didn't actually stand there the whole time and see that she was the only bird to use that basket.....nope, eggs came from different birds.

If you didn't actually stand there the whole time and see that she was the only bird to use that basket.....nope, eggs came from different birds.
I was there the whole time. I can see her from where I sit to drink my morning coffee no other hen went in there. She was in there for about 45 minutes

I was there the whole time. I can see her from where I sit to drink my morning coffee no other hen went in there. She was in there for about 45 minutes
....and you never once took your eyes off the nest?
It's just about physically impossible for a bird to lay 3 fully shelled eggs within 45 minutes, unless she has 3 shell glands.
I'm guessing you've been skillfully punked.

Chiming in - Not really possible. If anything, a multi-egg situation would usually result in a deformed or clearly enlarged egg. I've never had any experience where a hen laid two normal eggs in the same day, let alone one sitting. A few other birds got in there and laid eggs.

Maybe I was punked. But I sit there every morning for about 2 hours just watching them because I have one that stays in the basket until the egg is ready to come out the she comes out of the basket drops the egg and walks off like nothing happened.

How many birds do you have that LOOK like her?
I too believe it is impossible for her to have laid 3.

Back
Top Bottom