3 legged guinea

MrsTush

Songster
Jun 10, 2020
Hey everyone!

This is my first post so please excuse the noob šŸ˜

I just got 10 guinea babies this morning. They were shipped by Tractor Supply.
They are all healthy (so far). Chirping, eating and drinking.
One has a deformed third leg that has grown where the tail would be. The foot is pink so it's not rotting.
He gets around ok but the foot drags. I had to remove the hay I had for them because the foot was snagging on it.
I have a call in to the aviary vet but I thought I'd check here while I'm waiting.
I'm not planning on breeding them so I'm not worried about genetics. I'm just wondering if this little baby will be able to free range with the others when the time comes.

I have a video but haven't figured out how to post it yet. 9C19A316-CF35-4F86-944F-FE4C3745D6E9.jpeg
Thank you!!

Hey everyone!

This is my first post so please excuse the noob šŸ˜

I just got 10 guinea babies this morning. They were shipped by Tractor Supply.
They are all healthy (so far). Chirping, eating and drinking.
One has a deformed third leg that has grown where the tail would be. The foot is pink so it's not rotting.
He gets around ok but the foot drags. I had to remove the hay I had for them because the foot was snagging on it.
I have a call in to the aviary vet but I thought I'd check here while I'm waiting.
I'm not planning on breeding them so I'm not worried about genetics. I'm just wondering if this little baby will be able to free range with the others when the time comes.

I have a video but haven't figured out how to post it yet.View attachment 2187101
Thank you!!
Interesting. I would just let it be haha

wow. I would work with the avian vet's advice. I personally know what it means to have part of one's self chopped off because it is deemed socially unacceptable (I'll just leave it at that), but in this case it really could determine life or death for this bird if the residual leg continues to grow and it's definitely a hindrance for it now.

wow. I would work with the avian vet's advice. I personally know what it means to have part of one's self chopped off because it is deemed socially unacceptable (I'll just leave it at that), but in this case it really could determine life or death for this bird if the residual leg continues to grow and it's definitely a hindrance for it now.

He didn't make it to the vet. I'm sure it's for the best but bummed anyway. I always love an underdog.

Back
Top Bottom