3 little roos?

Kat2141

Songster
Jul 25, 2018
Windsor, NY
These guys are 8 weeks old today. I'm fairly certain they are little roos but MIL says maybe not. The copper colored one is pretty... don't know what he is tho. I'm sure it's a mix. He's very camera shy, or maybe it's people shy.
20180830_193601.jpg
20180830_193326.jpg
20180830_194006.jpg

There are two 'kinds' of Marans. The French variety and the American variety. The French has feathered legs, the American does not.
Just didn't want you to get confused .

Awesome, thanks. I did look at a bunch of pics and noticed that some were feathered and some were not and thought it was strange. There are actually 3 of the barred guys in the whole group... they all look alike and they all have some feathers on legs and feet but not as much as the black chicks do. I was told when I got the eggs (bought some fertilized eggs through craigslist) that their roosters were Black Langshan and Golden Laced Brahma. Their hens were Barred Rocks, Rhode Island Reds and Buff Orpingtons. How accurate that was, who knows. It was just a small family setup and I wouldn't be surprised if they were guessing at the breeds. :) I'm really curious to see how these all look as adults. They looked so much alike newly hatched chicks, I was thinking they were all the same but they are not.

Back
Top Bottom