3 Month old Columbian Wyandotte Black foot

Fluffyhenlover

Hatching
Jan 11, 2023
Hello,
I've had chickens for a few years but just recently have been running into some health issues with my chickens. I have 6, one year old chickens and have adopted 3 babies, that are now 3 months old.
The one 3 month old chicken, a Columbian Wyandotte, has been limping and has a black finger that is swollen. I'm not sure why, the coop isn't wet or anything. I do have the heat lamp on for them and sometimes she knocks over the water but I dry it up as soon as possible. I have her quarantined in a separate crate inside. I'm not sure what to do.
20230111_153858.jpg

Looks like frostbite to me.

Welcome to BYC @Fluffyhenlover
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
View attachment 3372843
I'm in NJ. I'm not sure how she'd get frostbite bite??? I have a heat lamp on in the coop. Every day I go out there she is never cold or anything...

Oh no! I'm not sure how she would get frostbite. I have the heat lamp on inside the coop. Is there anything I should do? Meds? Bath soak? Should I keep her inside? Thank you for the response
There's nothing you can do, don't touch it. Dont worry, shell be ok. The heat lamp might have been involved, warm air rises and condenses the moisture in the air, then sinks and freezes on the birds.
how's your coop ventilation?

Back
Top Bottom