3 month old ducklings legs go rigid and lock. Please help.

Hopefully, the B3 will kick in quickly. When you feel along the leg does it feel any different than the one that is working normally?
When you put her in water[hopefully nice and warm] what do you mean by complaining? she doesn't like being in water?
To think about it, she 'talks' a lot lol. She's not in pain and she can use it in the nice and warm bath. She holds it out when she sits even though I can just put my finger under her foot and tuck it under her. She doesn't mind. When she gets up it's stiff again. (peg leg) No swelling or heat in the hip, leg or foot.
We are giving them all extra B3 every lunch time with peas, I bought 6 kilos. Hopefully it'll work.

I second Miss Lydia's advice. I would try putting on a hobble and make sure she's getting the vitamin B complex. I had to hobble my pekin duckling and what I did was use vet wrap - or human first aid stretchy gauze tape- it sticks to itself but not the duck. You can have someone help hold her up with her legs in the proper position, then gently put the wrap around both legs to hold them in proper position. I would just leave that on her for a couple weeks until you know she's strong enough on her own. I still had my ducklings swim every day in the bathtub to strengthen her legs, and of course had to change the wrap every now and then. Attaching a photo and video so you can see what the hobbles looked like. This was after my duckling had worn them for a few weeks and was much stronger.

IMG_0487.JPG

Back
Top Bottom