3 month old hen might die

Sound neurological- if she falls when you let go of her. Either Marek's or a vitamin deficiency. Try to get her something like nutridrench with vitamin E and B vitamins in it- feeding it in some scrambled eggs or some hard boiled egg yolk might help. Or bring her to the vet if you can.
I can try

Sound neurological- if she falls when you let go of her. Either Marek's or a vitamin deficiency. Try to get her something like nutridrench with vitamin E and B vitamins in it- feeding it in some scrambled eggs or some hard boiled egg yolk might help. Or bring her to the vet if you can.
The thing is, I dont think my hens can get marke's cause there is no way they can contact herpes virus as they have not contacted with any other hens. Or the herpes virus can be gotten through food

Mareks disease is pretty much worldwide. It is just one type of herpes virus—there are many of those, including chicken pox and shingles. Mareks is spread through feather dust and dander. It can be in your environment. Where are you located? Here is some good info on the disease to read and understand:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/the-great-big-giant-mareks-disease-faq.66077/
Also apparently my mom said she just pooped worms like maggots or something so that can play a role in this right? She threw the poo away so I cant send a pic but apparently that happened.

Back
Top Bottom