3 month rooster NECK stays Low

Kattter

Hatching
Mar 21, 2023
I isolated this 3-month old hatched rooster when I noticed neck problem.

I followed guidelines for wry neck, but it must be something else.

One day he felt really hot, but that is not the norm.

How can you see if it is an ear infection vs neurological problem?

Does anyone know costs of Bethany Animal Hospital

Attachments

• 658D47E6-DD39-4B44-8BDD-E5FD9F9AD055.jpeg
    658D47E6-DD39-4B44-8BDD-E5FD9F9AD055.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
I too have problem with 3 month old rooster…
Have been isolating and supplementing for wry neck..sleps with neck flat
On surface.

Welcome To BYC

What guidelines are you following for Wry Neck and how long have you been following them?

What do you feed, including treats?
Any lice/mites?
Crop emptying?

To check for ear infection, you will want to look inside his ears. Look for yellow pus or crusty material.
Does he have any respiratory symptoms or any lesions/yellow pasty material inside his beak?

Wry Neck is a Symptom. Common causes are Marek's disease, vitamin deficiency, trauma. For a cockerel that size, I'd give him 400IU Vitamin E and 1/2 tablet B-Complex daily along with some egg to help with the uptake of E.

No idea about how much Bethany Animal Hospital charges for visits/care. You can always call them to inquire about pricing.

Thank you, had not added B complex straight, will try….
No other signs, but I will study how to look into ear.

Thank you, had not added B complex straight, will try….
No other signs, but I will study how to look into ear.
If this is true, I do not see any of that: “In the classic form, Marek's Disease will cause inflammation and tumors in the nerves, spinal column and brain. In this form, birds will become paralyzed in the legs, or wings or may develop head tremors. Affected birds eventually die of starvation or are trampled or get severe sores on their body.”

If this is true, I do not see any of that: “In the classic form, Marek's Disease will cause inflammation and tumors in the nerves, spinal column and brain. In this form, birds will become paralyzed in the legs, or wings or may develop head tremors. Affected birds eventually die of starvation or are trampled or get severe sores on their body.”
Yet

Link to what you quote. I found it for you:)
https://www.maine.gov/dacf/ahw/anim...ackyardpoultry/Marek's Disease Penn State.pdf

Chicken ears
https://www.lettersandscience.net/chicken-ears/

Thanks for the replies to the questions as well.

What guidelines are you following for Wry Neck and how long have you been following them?

What do you feed, including treats?
Any lice/mites?
Crop emptying?

To check for ear infection, you will want to look inside his ears. Look for yellow pus or crusty material.
Does he have any respiratory symptoms or any lesions/yellow pasty material inside his beak?

Wry Neck is a Symptom. Common causes are Marek's disease, vitamin deficiency, trauma. For a cockerel that size, I'd give him 400IU Vitamin E and 1/2 tablet B-Complex daily along with some egg to help with the uptake of E.

Back
Top Bottom