3 more got killed! NEVERMIND! 1 **REVIVED**! GRAPHIC pics on pg 2!

I still cannot understand how a cat killed a ROOSTER!!!!!!!!!!!! or maybe there were more cats????

We have five barn cats and none of them have bothered our chickens, even when they were peeps. If there are any feral cats you can either trap them and take them to Feral Fix (they have a website) to be released, or a 410 will take care of the problem. I am not a hunter nor have I ever killed anything other than a bug, but feral cats can be such a problem in our area, "offing" them might be doing everyone a favor. (There is such a thing as feline HIV- which can be potentially fatal and our cats have tested positive for)

that last pic rooster is a pretty red pyle roo
big_smile.png

I only let my chickens free-range when I am around. My cats don't bother the chickens, they even eat together when I bring out table-scraps. I do have a problem with my neighbor's cat though. I keep a water gun in the barn for him when I see him trying to chase my chickens. He is afraid if they turn around and come after him though. The water gun or the hose works to chase him off.

Are you sure you don't have like a bobcat issue and not just a regual house cat? That was a big chicken for a normal cat to take down. I have 5 yard cats (my fathers) and they always hang around the chicken yard but never have even acted like they would hurt the flock.

Quote:
well im not even sure if it was a cat who killed them.... I thought it was a cat cuz I've seen them in my backyard but I really don't know if it was a cat or something else...

Be careful getting too comfortable with thinking your chickens are safe if you are near. My husband and I were sitting outside with the chickens happily at our feet when a hawk came down and tried to grab one of them. The hawk missed but only because my foot was in the way!

Quote:
well im not even sure if it was a cat who killed them.... I thought it was a cat cuz I've seen them in my backyard but I really don't know if it was a cat or something else...

the way that roo is dragged under the wall my guess will be something else....

We shoot all strays that come into our property, trap and release is just teaching the predator to be trap shy and creating more problem for the next person who has to deal with them.

Back
Top Bottom