3 of my 7 chickens no longer laying

LisaMarie81

Songster
May 8, 2018
"The Jog", Massachusetts
7 birds in my tiny group. 4 in one coop, 3 in another. Moved to this home last August.
After the move my bantam partridge stopped laying. She hasn't laid since we moved. In her coop are also 2 easter eggers of which 1 stopped laying within the past couple weeks (the polish has never laid an egg in her life. Fairy eggs only).
The other coop. my silkie, still laying. My 2 other birds (Cochin and Orpington) one stopped laying the past couple weeks as well.
So - they get pellets for their main feed. They get mealworms as a treat. They have a clean coop and run. I supplement with oyster shells/small stones.
I will add since I moved here we have a number of predators. I've tracked Fox, Bobcat, Eagle, and Hawks. Not just passing through - live here, on my land. Eagle landed 2 days ago and 2 hawks out of nowhere were all over him. So thinking hawks nest is in the area.
Previous home, no issues. Plenty of eggs. Here.....not getting what's needed. Could it be predator? I don't see anything else as we had the same setup at the old house

How old is the feed?
Have you wormed them recently/ever?
If not that, sorry I'm out of ideas then. After nearly a year in their new home they ought to be well adjusted, to the local predator burden as well as the environment.

Back
Top Bottom