3 or 4 month old BCM. They are all roosters, aren't they??

JessMullis

Chirping
May 5, 2020
All 4 are roos, aren't they??

Attachments

• received_289268419300683.jpeg
    received_289268419300683.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 32
  • received_371695771108956.jpeg
    received_371695771108956.jpeg
    101.9 KB · Views: 8
All 4 are roos, aren't they??
Can you post individual clear photos of them side view showing the saddle area? These photos are not very good, sorry to say. If these birds are 4-5 months old I would expect a lot more male traits at this age. Marans tend to have large combs, even the females. Please post better photos and I think we can give you a better assessment.
Here is a photo of my five month old pullet for comparison.😊
47DEED80-BF74-4C54-B7D3-CCD85DC329FD.jpeg

Can you post individual clear photos of them side view showing the saddle area? These photos are not very good, sorry to say. If these birds are 4-5 months old I would expect a lot more male traits at this age. Marans tend to have large combs, even the females. Please post better photos and I think we can give you a better assessment.
Here is a photo of my five month old pullet for comparison.😊View attachment 2840504
Agreed. Better pics would be most helpful.

A whole lot can change between month 3 and month 4. Those 4 weeks in between are huge for chicken development. Knowing a closer age range would be helpful as well. If they are all 3 months - we may not see any male specific saddles. However, if we believe they are actually 4 months I'd expect to start seeing them. Therefore, a 4 month old pullet could very well be a 3 month old cockerel that's just not showing signs yet. Does that make sense?

It looks like it, bad luck : (
Story of my life!
Hard to say, pics are not the greatest.
Pics from when they were 6 weeks old would be

Here is a photo of my five month old pullet for comparison.😊View attachment 2840504
I will get some better pictures tomorrow. I actually just got these babies, so those were just quick snaps of them.
Your pullet is beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom