3 out of 4 laying

pasha43

Hatching
10 Years
Dec 20, 2009
San Francisco
I have four 30 week old girls. The California White started laying the day after Christmas and gives us an egg almost every day. The Sussex and Wyandotte started two weeks after and have been producing almost every day. The Americauna is just watching. She in healthy and active. She eats the same food as the others. Her comb is red as well as the redness around her eyes. But no eggs. No squatting and no interest in the box. Our yard is only about 700 square feet so I have checked for hiding places. A couple of weeks ago I noticed a drop off in eggs and ulimately found a stash under the coop. I closed off the entry and since then they have reluctantly gone back to the box. I do not use extra light and the other birds don't seem to need it. The days are starting to get longer.

The Americauna is a great bird. She is the most friendly and appears to be very happy. We were really looking forward to her blue eggs. I'm not giving up but i am dissappointed.

btw ... the Sussex and Wyandoote were in the same box this morning and layed eggs together. I don't know if this is strange but it certainly was cute.

Thanks for reading. I am not sure that there is an answer but I appreciate a forum.

I have noticed from reading BYC that Ameraucanas and EE seem to take longer to begin laying eggs. Hang in there!

Back
Top Bottom