3 pix, what breeds, please?

pecangrove

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 8, 2013
SC
Here are three pix of my almost week old chicks. They are all bantams, and are supposed to be either: Silkie, Serama, Cochin, D'uccles, or Seabright. One has the frizzled gene coming out, too.
Any ideas what is what?

This is a group shot, showing the feathering coming out on the yellow ones, particularly. Each yellow chick's wings has a slightly different pattern, and one seems to be just yellow so far.

This one really shows the tiny black chick. They were all happy I had just woken them up! LOL This is also the only chick that has clean legs... not a single feather.

This shows a good pic of the 2 striped chicks. They have feathered feet, also. The gray one to the far right has massive feathering, and makes me think it is a cochin. Otherwise I have no idea about any of them.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited:
the one in the last picture with the brown back and white lines is very like a barnevelder chick but i dont know any of the rest...

It does look like those, but according to the guy I got the eggs from, he has none of those. So....
I did stumble upon a few pix of Serama chicks, and some looked like that one, too. So now I am leaning that way, esp since that is one of the types the guy has. LOL
It is so fun watching them change each day, it seems. It's going to be hard to find homes for some of them after they get a little bigger. :/

well they all have featherd legs from what i can see and only the silkie or cochin would have but there not all silkies or cochins judging by the colors so the guy yu got them from might not know ither!

Back
Top Bottom