3 Questions on Fermenting Feed

Maybe you should try the bucket mouse trap, where the mice fall in a bucket of water & drown. Grisly, but effective is what I've heard.
I know it works for mice. But not rats. I tried it. Rats are quite smart. I'm the only one with chickens within 5 miles so there is no where for the rats to go. My neighbors had rats last spring but they left their coop open one night and a fox got all their chickens (5) and then I had rats.

Sorry. Just passing on what I've heard and what's worked for me. Seems like you have it figured out.
All except the actual feed because so many said not to use pellets but didn't give a reason. So I'm gonna try pellets. What I will do is have 2 batches going. So it won't be so much work. Always have one ready to use. Thanks for all your advice it. I wouldn't be so adamant about the rats if I could get rid of them. But I will. Thanks again for your experience.

A coworker told me about using a bucket trap. He secured a dowel across the top. On the dowel was a can that could turn easily on the dowel. He smeared peanut butter on the can. The rats would jump onto the can for the peanut butter and the can would turn, dumping them into the bucket of water. Rats and mice can jump very well, but not if they're in water too deep to touch the bottom of the bucket.
With a layer of antifreeze on top. LOLL.

Back
Top Bottom