3 types of worms. One hen almost dead Not sure vet is correct on dosage. Pls help

You are doing a good job, dont underestimate yourself. If chicken's feet touch the ground, they're going to get worms, I dont care what anyone says.

It's always best to keep everything as dry as possible. Warm moist/wet soil is worm soup.
I use sand in my pens and coops, even nest boxes.
Sand helps keep everything dry. It doesnt create nasty mudpuddles that birds love to drink, it dries quicker than dirt or mud and doesnt wash away. Think beach. It helps deter insects and parasites. Besides, it's easier to scoop poop.

Direct sunlight will kill worm eggs on soil, but not worm eggs in the soil. Chickens constantly pick and peck the soil. When they do that, they pick up worm eggs and swallow them starting the roundworms lifecycle. It's called the Direct Lifecycle of poultry worms, look it up and it will help you understand what's happening.
The Indirect Lifecycle requires a host, such as an insect contaminated with worm eggs and then the insect is eaten by a chicken Then the chicken becomes infected.

I looked up Proheart injection for dogs and it is Moxidectin which takes care of roundworms. So, no worries and no need to see the vet their unless the dog gets tapeworms. You would see rice like segments in feces. Same for chickens.
At what point should I clean out the bedding in the coops? I was going to do one more dose ion day 10 just to be sure worms and eggs are gone :fl Someone has dark green spinach looking poop, not sure why. I read it could be they are starving but they are all eating well I believe. Can this be a side effect from Valbazen?

Back
Top Bottom