3 week old Easter Egger Rooster??

PatStacey

In the Brooder
Jan 15, 2021
We have (4) 3 week old EE chicks. The white one is much larger than the others with some really large feet, so we're guessing "Cutie" a rooster. Pecan, the speckle one, has no tail feathers and is pretty small compared to the others. Pecan is still be a puff ball with only a handful of feathers coming in. The other birds also seem to pick on Pecan ... is something wrong with him/her?

Attachments

• Chicks - 3 on a row.jpg
    Chicks - 3 on a row.jpg
    562.2 KB · Views: 80
  • Chicks - cuttie close up.jpg
    Chicks - cuttie close up.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 46
  • Chick - Pecon.jpg
    Chick - Pecon.jpg
    646.6 KB · Views: 45
  • Chick - Pecon & apple.jpg
    Chick - Pecon & apple.jpg
    389.7 KB · Views: 45
X2 for Cutie being a meat bird. I don't keep meat birds, but my knowledge on them suggests I warn you that they should be dispatched very young to avoid major health problems. I am sorry if this is the case.
They can live upto 2 years on a restricted diet with lots of exercise.

X2 for Cutie being a meat bird. I don't keep meat birds, but my knowledge on them suggests I warn you that they should be dispatched very young to avoid major health problems. I am sorry if this is the case.
My meat bird lived up to 1 year but I culled him so meat birds can live up to more than 1 year possbily more if I kept him. i did not want breed more meat birds after the last incident thats why I culled him.

Oh, wow ... I got Cutie and 3 others at Tractor supply, they were all supposed to be Easter Eggers. We don't eat our birds, they are pets. Is there a reason why I can't keep a meat bird with the others?
There's more competition for food. The Cornish X won't be able to move as fast.

Back
Top Bottom