3 week old sick turkey poult

turkeypoults

Hatching
6 Years
Jun 7, 2013
I posted a few weeks back about a poult with a bad leg. I'm happy to say the leg is much better, but now the poult seems sick so I am hoping to get some advice from this board again.

Last night he started to seem a bit lethargic. This morning he was much more so. He also seems to have trouble balancing, and has been panting for short periods. He also had his wings outstretched so i was worried he was overheated and moved his heat lamp up. He ate a little bit first thing this morning and I got him to drink some water from a dropper. Whenever he drinks from the dropper though he sneezes and breathes through his mouth for a bit. Yesterday he was eating and drinking normally. I just got some electrolight packages and am trying that now to keep him hydrated. Only other symptom is some watery poop this morning but it was not oddly colored. He hasn't been going as much though as normal. He is still cheeping but not as robustly and is making a sort of funny noise with his throat.

Any advice on what I can do would be greatly appreciated. I only had 2 eggs of my batch hatch and the other poult only lived 1 day. This guy was going strong, and we are very attached. Since he is a lone turkey we have been spending a lot if time with him.

Back
Top Bottom