3 week old Silkie - possible wry neck?

Just to update for anyone that may find this helpful. Our little black silkie perked up within a few days of being switched from medicated to unmedicated starter, given vitamin E and selenium as noted above, then starting the rooster booster within a couple of days when it came in, and has been back with the tiny flock for a while now.
There were somes ups and downs with the issues described above. They seemed to start resolving but would come back worse for parts of the day. These grew less frequent and have gone away as far as we can tell. If there are any episodes, it has occurred incredibly infrequently for very short.
The way the head was tilted down has taken much longer to resolve but is mostly gone now. The baby can lift his/her head and tilt back and side to side just not quite fully upward like the others. This seems to noticeably improve every couple of days though. She/he hasn't fallen any farther behind the others and now has caught up mostly in feathers. It was very scary those first few days when I initially posted but has been exciting to have been able to see such improvement.
Thanks to other posts on here and to MMARC234's suggestion, we were able to provide the care needed.
I hope your little chick has also recovered, MMARC234.
And good luck to anyone reading this. I hope it helps some chick!

Back
Top Bottom