3 Week Quail with Bad Spraddle Leg. Help!!! (Pictures)

quailheart

Songster
Jun 5, 2019
Saint Louis, MO
One of my 2-3 week old quail recently developed spraddle leg in his right leg. He is the only one out of his 22 other siblings to get it! I’ve dealt with spraddle leg in quail before but it was a younger bird and it was not this severe. I tried to bound his legs together with a mini rubber band but the second I put it on he acted like he forgot how to walk. I was afraid that he wouldn’t be able to get to his food and water or that his siblings would be mean to him so I took it off. I am willing to try to bound his legs again if that’s the only option other wise I have absolutely no idea what to do! Please help!
52FA09E2-4F18-49EB-A976-712C65B78EA2.jpeg
48930EE4-E8F2-4753-92E4-1FA3FAA78009.jpeg

One of my 2-3 week old quail recently developed spraddle leg in his right leg. He is the only one out of his 22 other siblings to get it! I’ve dealt with spraddle leg in quail before but it was a younger bird and it was not this severe. I tried to bound his legs together with a mini rubber band but the second I put it on he acted like he forgot how to walk. I was afraid that he wouldn’t be able to get to his food and water or that his siblings would be mean to him so I took it off. I am willing to try to bound his legs again if that’s the only option other wise I have absolutely no idea what to do! Please help!
View attachment 2721423View attachment 2721424
You can try to correct, but at this age, it’s most likely set. If it is eating/drinking/growing normally, you can grow it out for as long as quality of life allows and use as meatbird or pet but I would not put it into a breeding program.

Back
Top Bottom