34-year-old horse

tawirth604

Chirping
Mar 30, 2018
Hi, folks! :) I have a 34-year-old QH gelding that does not look his age. He does have arthritis; but other than that, he’s fine. I had officially retired him, but I heard that light exercise would benefit him. He hasn’t been ridden in years. Should I try light exercise or let him stay retired? Any advice is greatly appreciated. :)

chickens really

Crazy Mother of Goat Kids
Premium Feather Member
Sep 8, 2015
The Funny Farm....Alberta, Canada
This was taken last year. He looks the same.
He looks pretty good..:thumbsup
You don't know though if he has a little bit of soreness in his back and once your riding him it's all about balance, both him and you.
Try him in a round pen first. Start with lounging him and them begin adding tack. He sure is a nice boy..:frow

tawirth604

Chirping
Mar 30, 2018
I have an Arab that's 18.5 years old and I definitely don't ride him enough anymore. He isn't in top riding condition so I only take him out on short rides around our area.
I definitely love my boy and he always is full of pep and doesn't miss a stride. :hugs
Red has been everywhere. He has been my trail horse since I was a little girl. He was the first horse I ever rode by myself. He has truly taken care of me more times than I can count. He’s very special. ❤

chickens really

Crazy Mother of Goat Kids
Premium Feather Member
Sep 8, 2015
The Funny Farm....Alberta, Canada
Red has been everywhere. He has been my trail horse since I was a little girl. He was the first horse I ever rode by myself. He has truly taken care of me more times than I can count. He’s very special. ❤
That's so fantastic..:wee:hugs
Kupid and I have been partners since he was 7 and very green. He threw me the first time I rode him when trying him out and I bought him on the spot. He definitely takes care of me and our connection is unbreaking..:hugs
I trained him myself. :hugs

Top Bottom