36-wk-old Silver-Laced Wyandottes still not laying

Oh and
Yes, I’ve been guessing she’s an EE, even though TSC had them labeled as Ameracaunas. I still love her and her eggs!

I just find it interesting that everything I’ve read says the SLW starts laying so much sooner. Only in forums have I started seeing 9-10 months. Thanks for your input.
Every bird is different, I’ve heard of Wyandottes laying sooner than that but theyre usually a later laying bird.

I have had 2 flocks of Wyandottes. My Columbians a decade ago laid starting at 20 weeks like all my others. In 2019 I got blue Wyandottes & they started just shy of 21 weeks. I presently have 18 week old Columbians that are my first fall chicks ever. They are only getting 12 hours of light & do not look like they will be laying in 2-3 weeks, but we will see!

Cindy,
Not to hijack this thread, but I'm thinking about getting Columbians, and would like to hear your experiences, and where you got them. You must like them or you wouldn't have gotten a second flock.

Cindy,
Not to hijack this thread, but I'm thinking about getting Columbians, and would like to hear your experiences, and where you got them. You must like them or you wouldn't have gotten a second flock.
They are beautiful birds. The first flock of 13 hens & a rooster I got from Meyer Hatchery in Ohio. They were very nice large birds for hatchery stock. My present batch I got at my local feed store that gets them from Privett in NM. These look good so far. I got my Blues from the feed store also & they lay great, but go broody a lot. I got 7-9 eggs a day their first season unless one was in the broody cage. My first Columbians laid well also. They are beautiful! I am into Wyandottes right now!

Back
Top Bottom