37 hours since pip *PICS ADDED*

Griffin Nest

Crowing
13 Years
Aug 7, 2010
One chick pipped yesterday very early in the morning and so far the hole is the same size.
The other 2 pipped exactly 24 hours ago and they have not hatched either.
What's going on?
I did dry incubation and for lockdown the humidity is 70%

Last edited:
that is WAAAAY to long to not of hatched...Make sure they are still alive (do you hear chirping???)
if so put a moist sponge in the incubator or mist the shells to help soften them up.
If they are alive, you can start to help them...
1. slowly chip off the egg shell (leaving the membrane intact)
2. if they still are not able to get out of the membrane, then SLOWLY start to peel it back (kind of turning it inside out) let the little guy work on the rest and let him take the cord off...then make sure the are able to get up and dry off.

ok thanks. i'll try. im just afraid to because last time i helped a chick it died when it was 3 days old

i hatched my lil roo that is 1 1/2 weeks old and he couldnt walk for about a day, now he is running around and trying to jump out of the Brooder! The chick has most likely already absorbed all of the yolk and veins, i would definetly help the lil bugger out! Good Luck POST PICTURES
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
ok i'll post pics!!!!
i removed the shell and membrane around the pip on the 4 that have pipped. I see them breathing and chirping, but they are not trying to get out. I'm scared to assist because last time i did i killed it
hit.gif

Chicks that were partially hatched (zipped) that I have helped have lived, ones the had pipped went over 24 hrs without hatching died. I have taken them out of their pipped shells and if they haven't died while in them died shortly after helping them hatch. The pipped over 24hrs without zipping have died.

Quote:
GREAT NEWS!! The one which has now been pipped for over 40 hours if FINALLY starting to zip!
celebrate.gif
He's already a quarter of the way around!!!!! and the other ones are chirping and moving like crazy, i dont think i'll need to help any of them anymore
smile.png
the humidity is 80% even though it used to be 68% about an hour ago.
wee.gif

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom