:(

CheshieChick13

Songster
9 Years
May 1, 2010
Oldham County, Kentucky
Right now, I am so angry and upset I can't see strait.
I'm feeling very irresponsible and guilty as well. I recently introduced my 5 week old lavender split silkie chicks with my broody into the flock. Everything was going great. While I am home I let my chickens run free range in the back yard with no problems.
Yesterday was terrible, I got rearended by some idiot on my way home from work. We had a horrible storm while I was getting my neck checked out at the hospital. The storm blew over the top half of a huge birch tree in our back yard. I went to check everyone out cause it fell right by the coop. Everyone was good and accounted for..... no damages to the coop. With all the insanity of the storm and the wreck earlier I completely spaced, and my chickens were left running while I was at work today. When I got home today I found that ONE OF OUR DOGS ATE ALL (yes ALL) OF MY LAV SPLIT CHICKS!!!!
hit.gif

I feel just horrible! All I can do is be PO'd at myself right now!
The stupid dog was just being a stupid dog, doing what stupid dogs do (and no, it wasn't my Pyr)...... I am just so ARGHHHHH!
he.gif

The chicks were thriving and doing so well! My broody hatched them, and they were my very first hatch. I am just so upset with myself I don't know whether to scream or cry!

hit.gif

~Steph

Under the circumstances, no wonder you spaced. You were just unlucky. Don't beat yourself up. I'm sorry about your chicks.

Sorry for your loss...It really stinks when a bunch of things go wrong at the same time...I hope your neck is okay and you can put this stuff behind you quickly.
Get some more chicks and move on,i believe this is the best way to get past a bad experience..

Thanks for all the kind words and sympathy...... That just really sucked. Now the dog has a taste for the chickens. She is constantly trying to go for them now! I have had to take her to my parents to retire, she is just out of control now. I couldnt heart keeping her or the chickens confined 24/7.

On the brighter note: I plan on getting more though, no worries there
lol.png

Little buggers are hopelessly addictive!

Thanks again
~Steph

Back
Top Bottom