3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Quote:
I almost bought this auction off of Ebay because it seemed like a good way to get a variety of breeds but after reading your posts I decided not to
hugs.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
I think I'll just stick to people who sell on here
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif

I'm having some issues moving the pictures to my Most Colorful Roo page so I'll have to update them when I get home tonight. Keep them coming!
big_smile.png

I've actually started saving Ameraucana eggs and I bid on some silkie eggs yesterday on BYC (I lost) and I did a 'fantasy' order on McMurray... did everything but put in the CC# and hit send.

If I can get at least 8 Ameraucana eggs, I'll put them in the bator next week... shucks it'll already be warm right?

e-mailed a fellow in Mesa about building me a couple of grow out pens.

Quote:
Their must be something going around
gig.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif
I did this on Ideals site yesterday just to see how much it would cost to get some chicklet breeds I can't seem to find an egg source for
gig.gif
lau.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Alrighty girls and boys, the big day is drawing near, most of you have admitted to candeling. So now I gotta ask you...

What's in YOUR eggs?

25270_bunny_in_egg_blue.jpg

25270_fishegg.png

25270_egg-planet-fantastic-globe-photo-manipulation-399x300.jpg

25270_images_1.jpg

25270_game.png

In just 5 short days we all get to hear them start "beeping"

Quote:
Their must be something going around, I did this on Ideals site yesterday just to see how much it would cost to get some chicklet breeds I can't seem to find an egg source for.

I keep trying to remind myself that I have enough irons in the fire already. I really want to focus on my Icelandics and turkeys. And some silkies. And maybe some meat birds. And some Auraucanas. And
barnie.gif
There are too many choices
th.gif

Today's Major Events

The embryo turns its beak toward the air cell.

The chorioallantoic cavity lines most of the inside surface of the egg shell.

Not too much longer before there is "beeping"

Replaced the batteries in my little "candler" flashlight and lo and behold, I can see into the 6 eggs I got from the NYD egg swap....bad news. Only 1 has a chick in it. The rest are super early quitters. So out of my original 33 eggs I have 22 good ones and that's counting the two I waxed. Not bad when you consider the losses everyone else has had.

I won a Bargian silkie egg auction and I'm hoping I have better luck with these eggs. My hatch rate with shipped eggs has been a dismal failure so far.

Only 2 days until we put eggs into lockdown and wait for the beeps!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom