3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

big_smile.png
Bean socks are awesome. We made one and put in the brooder for the chicks and they love to snuggle up to it.

So can I just say.... Wah Hoooooo!!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
. The chickies are here!!!

Why have I not been doing this my whole life??

I must confess... I did opt to travel to New Jersey with an incubator on my lap. I got to watch 3 chicks hatch on the way!! So far, we've got Silkie, LCO , Silkie, Barred Holland, BCM, EE. Quite the mixed bag, not to be confused with a bean sock (whatever that is).

wee.gif
ya.gif
I have a PIP!!!!
ya.gif
wee.gif
I put 14 of my original 15 in lockdown last night, although at least half are questionable.
hu.gif
Went outside to bring up fire wood, and came in and one is pipped! It's one of my own bantum eggs I threw in just so I could compare "shipped" to "not thrown around, shook, slammed and drop-kicked" across the country. YAAAAAA, at least my hatch won't be a complete loss.
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
But don't we want these to actually hatch on New Year's Day?
roll.png

Not going well here. out of 8 eggs in lockdown, 4 died (3 unpip'd internally, 1 PIPd internally), 2 are zipping (yay), 1 was PIpd internally but not outside, so 4 made it a window in light of the 4 that died and the 8th....barely moving by candling, no internal PIP, so I made it a window and an airhole and it's got a severely deformed bill
hit.gif
I'll give it a chance to hatch out the rest of the way on it's own and if it's able to eat/drink let it live here with us and love it...but will prepare for the worst. It looks like a bulldog and it's tongue flops out.
sad.png

Jim, You think you can get that polish roo in a flat rate box?
smile.png

I've got 6 pippin' chicken eggs and some quail too. I just heard my first beeping! I've never heard it before. It's like "Hey, I'm in here, just need some more time, mom."

Back
Top Bottom