3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Quote:
Thanks and LOL.

I'd do them all, but there was a 3 picture limit.
hide.gif
....Let's see, I did April, October and December. This contest only goes until the end of tomorrow.
caf.gif
Can't wait to see more entries.
pop.gif

Last edited:
Crazy...I just had one hatched that I didn't even know had pipped. I looked in and saw an egg rocking, and thought, yay....another!!! Then my eye caught movement and found a chick bouncing into it
lol.png

Quote:
Do you have anything like newspaper or paper towel in the incubator? If you do, then he may not be able to get traction with his feet. Right after they hatch, it takes them a little bit to get situated as to which way is up.

I HAVE COFFEE FILTERS IN THERE. BUT HE IS STILL NOT ABLE TO GET UP W/PAPER TOWELS HELP PLEASE

Quote:
Coffee filters nor paper towels will give them enough traction to walk. If you have the wire in the bottom, take the coffee filters out and let him try to walk on the wire.

Quote:
I had two pips as of bedtime last night. Will head out to the barn shortly to see how they're doing.

Brrrrrrrr. I get a chill with the mental picture of your walk to the barn.

Quote:
Do you have anything like newspaper or paper towel in the incubator? If you do, then he may not be able to get traction with his feet. Right after they hatch, it takes them a little bit to get situated as to which way is up.

I HAVE COFFEE FILTERS IN THERE. BUT HE IS STILL NOT ABLE TO GET UP W/PAPER TOWELS HELP PLEASE

Sorry!! Have no idea what to tell you, did you flip it over? Could it have splay feet? Can you google it? Sending you good vibes, wish I could help.

Quote:

Sorry!! Have no idea what to tell you, did you flip it over? Could it have splay feet? Can you google it? Sending you good vibes, wish I could help.

You can try putting it in a small glass or cup (yogurt cup?) to keep in upright until it's stronger. I put a baby pheasant in a shot glass once. Good luck.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom