3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

I've got a runty speckled sussex that hatched out. Found her screaming in the brooder today. Took us a bit of time to realize her eyes wouldn't open. They're not crusty. Took a warm damp cloth to them, they opened right up, she got some water and settled down. Same thing again when she woke up. Repeat, she's ok... now her eyes are shut again. Again, they're not crusty (but her body fuzz is) - any thoughts before I go to petrolatum?

And for you, Melissa, just because:

Quote:
Well I still have a bunch of pages to catch up but looks like Peep_Show is the winner of my First Chick After Midnight comp. Congratulations!
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

wee.gif
wee.gif
Wow! Thanks! Perhaps my luck has changed with the new year...this is a nice start. Let me know if/when it's official. I'd like to thank The Academy and the sponsors, but most of all little Bravo who really pulled through when asked to. A fuzzy inspiration to us all... As are ALL the chicks that have participated! Congratulations hatchers one and all on a fine looking crop of fuzzlings

It's official!
lol.png
Only reason your not golden yet is the shop checkout doesn't like me.
lol.png
Soon as it's sorted your GFM will magically appear.
wink.png

Now back to catching up, you guys have been busy while I was sleeping and out this morning.

Quote:
You are getting brown Ia. Blues? That seems contradictory
idunno.gif

The Ia Blue that hatch brown seem to get better coloring. Bhep and La Mike each got a brown chick from my eggs. In all the Ia Blues that I've hatched (alright, not a lot because I send them to everybody else), I've only got one brown one and I lost it to the SCDS. (Sudden Chick Death Syndrome).

I can't believe how much time I spent just standing above the brooder box watching those chicks. They fascinate me. And then I pick them up and look them over. They are all just beautiful. I had to reattach the boots for my one SFH. Of the three SFH's I'm convinced I have two hens and a roo. Guess we'll see. Gorgeous weather here today. It hit 80!

Friday "Fred" get's his decrow operation by Dr. Anderson. DW will have to drop him off and I'll pick him up after work.
The only thing I didn't like about Dr. Anderson were his TEETH, OM GOODNESS... I hope he takes better care of my roo than he does of his mouth. Once the operation is done, I'm going to get him alone and tell him what I think... AM I BAD?

Junior and 5 hens are getting rehomed to Flagstaff in the morning... Light Brahma, Prod. Red, GCM, BSL and a FBCM X GCM. That will leave me with 20 hens again and the 5 chicks from Jenn and the 29 from NYD hatch.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Like as in they aren't brushed or just messed up crooked? Maybe you two can work out some kind of deal? I have bad teeth though and am very sensitive about what people think of them - so approach him carefully
smile.png
(mine are discolored from tetracycaline and all but 6 are filled and or have root canals) I can't afford vaneers or to have crowns put on all of them
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom