3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Well I sold all the chicks today that were up for sale from the new years hatch. It was sad, but I need the space, and wasn't planning on keeping them, anyway. I'm also saddened that I lost the roosters for meat, but I'm putting eggs in the bator again on Tuesday for Valentines Day hatching.

I'm planning to sell most of mine, although I'd like to keep a few. Waiting to see how many boyos and girlies I have, but since I am also doing the V-day hatch can't keep them all. The feed store that delivers my feed looked at me strangely when I told them I needed another bag of chick starter with my layer feed. Guess I am the only person hatching chicks. :p

I was very sad to see Gomez go. The girl who got him though is a friendly BYCer so I'm hoping I get occasional Gomez updates.

But you're right, I can't keep them all, no matter how much I want to. I've already resigned myself to having 5 ducks. :D

Well last night when I went to close up the coop, I had 4 escapees. They hatched New Years Day and I thought they were goners. They spent all night outside under a patio chair cushion. It got down to 22* last night. All 4 are back in the brooder and look like they are fine. :D

Wait... we're not supposed to keep the chicks we hatched? Oh boy, I just had a builder up here this week to see about enclosing my pole barn and turning it into a gigantic chicken barn.
th.gif

Wait... we're not supposed to keep the chicks we hatched? Oh boy, I just had a builder up here this week to see about enclosing my pole barn and turning it into a gigantic chicken barn.
th.gif

I didn't know we were supposed to sell/give them away either.
hit.gif
How can they sell their "BABIES"!!!
barnie.gif
That does explain, however, how some of them can hatch 100, 200 or 300+ eggs every month!
lau.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom