3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

One of my favorite chickens is an ameraucana roo that is blind in one eye. Got himself hurt as a chick and I couldn't fix it. He doesn't compete well with the other roosters but he has the garden to himself and a nice white Cochin hen and a daughter to keep him company. I keep separating the daughter, but she always finds her way back if she's not confined
roll.png

My little duck is still doing well. Unfortunately my camera is acting up so I have no cute duck pictures to show you guys.

I sexed it today and it is definitely a Drake. Which is good because all I have currently are females. His name is Spunk, cause he's a spunky little guy.

My two SFH survivors just keep looking better. The one with the crooked toes will be that way forever but the other one that I think is a roo, is really going to be EYE candy. I'm thinking I'm going to have to let Laree have them to breed and then give me eggs to hatch because I can't have a roo.

Hey Mahonri... need some more swedish flower hens? or some English Lemon Cuckoos? Lavendar Orps? Just a couple more prizes available on the Rocky Mountain Chickenstock raffle.. Any of these eggs could be shipped in time for a 4th of July hatch...
wink.png

Here's what we have so far...

1 dozen rare breed hatching eggs (guaranteed to have Cream Legbars!!) from Greenfire Farms shipped express to your door!!
2 dozen assorted color silkie eggs from Cat Dance Silkies
2 dozen silkie eggs from Cj's Silkies
2 gift certificates from Cackle Hatchery
A Happy Hens Treat Package from Randall Burkey
A goat milk soap/bath salt basket from Laura Middleton
Mini-Eco incubator from Brinsea
Hatching eggs from Chickenhousesplus.com
1 dozen Assorted Orpington eggs from Hall Family Poultry. Could be large fowl or bantam in Buff, Black, Blue, Splash, Self Blue and possibly Lemon Cuckoo
1 dozen Icelandic eggs from thebirdguy
$20 gift certificate from Cutler Supply
1 dozen your choice Swedish Flower Hens or English Lemon Cuckoo from Pampered Poultry
1 dozen Lavendar Orpington eggs from lavendarorpgirl
1 dozen Lemon Cuckoo Orpingtion eggs from RedRoosterFarm
1 dozen Buff Laced or Gold Laced Brahma eggs from RedRoosterFarm

Can't believe the babies are 4 weeks old and that I'll be getting another group of chicks out of eggs on Ground Hog's Day... all Wheaten/BW Ameraucanas and Olive Eggers.

I just sold off 10 of my NYD hatch chicks. Needed room in the brooder ASAP. :) I'm going to put the rest out in the barn in another week or so, but I've turned off the ecoglow to get them prepped and ready for colder temps. :)

My ducks went outside for the first time today... not sure if they'll be spending the night out there since it's going to get down to 24 tonight, and that's the warmest overnight temp for the next 10 days. But at least they're out of my house for a few hours!

Back
Top Bottom