4 1/2 month old BO not able to use one leg, not broken: see video

NewChickenMamma

Hatching
9 Years
Apr 8, 2010
yesterday morning she was unable/unwilling to use legs, both were stuck straight out in front and she was sitting back on her vent. i thought it she was eggbound with a first egg, but i felt around her belly and felt nothing. she was not eating or drinking yesterday and was looking around like she was in a daze, making front to back motions with her head. today she is able to fold one leg underneath like normal, she is eating and drinking and more alert. she does have green diarhea. her leg is not broken or dislocated, it moves if we move it for her. but she is not able or willing to tuck it underneath her and bear weight on it.

here is a video

e-mail is good for suggestions too,
[email protected]

thanks for your help

well it looks like she's sitting on top of both of her legs now which is a great sign! no more leg sticking straight out. i think she's going to make it out the other side. now we just have to watch the our other bird for sings. but they are both almost 5 months, and from what i've read that is when the illness will be less traumatic and deadly. fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom